Murder investigation launched after stabbing of woman in Gorleston
- Credit: James Bass
A murder investigation has been launched today after a woman was stabbed to death at a house in Gorleston.
Police were called to the incident in Sussex Road at about 1.30pm after receiving information that a woman had been fatally injured.
Officers attended the address where the body of a woman, believed to be in her 50s, was discovered.
The property has been sealed off while officers carry out forensic inquiries and a man in his 50s has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
He remains in custody at Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre where he will be questioned later by detectives.
You may also want to watch:
Det Chief Insp Peter Hornby, who is overseeing the enquiry, said: 'We are in the early stages of our investigation and working to establish the sequence of events which led to this woman's death. However, this does appear to be an isolated incident within a property involving the two householders.'
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 7 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months