Mundesley Royal British Legion Women’s Section wins national award for recruitment drive
A recruiting drive by Mundesley and District Royal British Legion Women's Section has won it a national award.
The section achieved their goal of reaching 85 members to mark their 85 years in existence.
The achievement was rewarded at the 2013 Royal British Legion Women's Section Annual National Conference in Eastbourne with the presentation of the Jellicoe Cup awarded to the branch who had recruited the most new members in the previous year.
Branch chairman Jenny Lambert received the award from Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson.
The National Conference was attended by members from branches all over Norfolk, and this year Mundesley were the only branch in the county to receive a national award.
You may also want to watch:
Mundesley and District WRBL celebrated its 85th anniversary in May 2012. The goal to reach 85 members was supassed the membership now stands at 87.
The Women's Section has been providing care and support for the ex-service community for over 85 years through welfare work. It has an extensive welfare programme and give financial help to ex-servicewomen and the wives, widows and widowers of ex-service personnel and their children. Mundesley branch has raised a £3346 this year to date, with all the money going to the benevolent work.
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
The section meets at the Coronation Hall Mundesley on the third Wednesday of each month at 1.45pm.
On the August 14 there is to be a A Celebration of Summer Tea with musical accompaniment. Tickets on the door will be £5, there will also be a raffle and tombola.
For further information about the branch meetings contact the secretary Mary Allan on 01263 721021.