Independent lifeboat service launches recruitment drive
- Credit: PAUL DAMEN
An independent group that saves lives at sea has launched an recruitment drive.
Mundesley Lifeboat is looking for volunteers to help do everything from crew the rescue boat to fundraise.
Brian Shaw, chairman, said: "The lifeboat is currently recruiting for volunteers in a number of areas, including crew, charity shop helpers, the friends fundraising committee and on the board of trustees.
"Crew are required to live or work in and around the Mundesley area and will undergo a medical and DBS check."
The Lifeboat, which is independent of the RNLI, was founded in 1972 after a drowning and near drowning of a husband and wife whilst sailing half a mile off the beach at Mundesley.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to apply, email Helen Heywood at email@example.com
Anyone interested in becoming a trustee - who need not live in Mundesley - can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07875 183946 for more.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
To learn more about helping run fundraising events or the service's charity shop as part of the Friends of Mundesley Lifeboat team, email at email@example.com