Mums the word as Bernard Matthews launches new campaign
- Credit: Supplied
A nationwide campaign aimed at encouraging busy mothers to feed their children Bernard Matthews' products gets under way on Monday.
The £1m 'champion of mums' campaign is set to run in women's magazines, national newspapers and online in a bid to highlight the versatility of the firm's cooked meats and fresh and frozen breaded meats products.
Colourful posters underpin the campaign aimed to highlight mums as a 'hero at meal time'.
The launch comes about a month after turnaround and restructuring specialists Rutland Partners agreed to inject about £20m into the Norfolk-based turkey firm, which has struggled in recent years, aimed at supporting its growth and development.
However, both sides were still remaining mum about the scope of the role to be undertaken by Rutland, or the size of its stake in the firm.
You may also want to watch:
Two partners from Rutland have joined the Bernard Matthews board, and are believed to be carrying out a thorough review of the business, while David Joll, who returned to the business earlier in the year, will remain as executive chairman until a new chief executive is appointed.
However, the business was keen to stress that it was very much business as usual, while the campaign – which was agreed before the new partners came in – reflected a combined commitment to develop the business.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 4 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 7 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 8 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 9 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 10 Bleach thrown at woman from passing car
And yesterday the firm was focusing on its rebranding efforts.
Charlie Douglas, brand marketing controller, said the firm was committed to offering 'great value' meal time products.
'Our new 'Champion of Mums' creative highlights this with the line 'Greatness without effort' and shows mum as the hero at meal time,' she said.
'We'd encourage retailers to make the most of our biggest marketing investment in years.'