Mum twice bereaved through suicide planning new Norfolk support group for others coping with the tragedy
- Credit: Archant
A mum who has twice been bereaved through suicide is hoping to set up a new support group for others faced by the same heartbreak.
Jacqui Page knows the benefits a helping hand can bring after both her husband and son ended their own lives.
Following her son Simon's loss she has set up Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide (SoBS) charity support groups in Drayton, near Norwich, and King's Lynn.
Now she is planning to establish a new group in Sheringham for others touched by the tragedy.
Mrs Page said: 'I have been involved with SoBS for many years, it has helped me to cope with the loss and to move forward. I know there are quite a few survivors dealing with the impact of suicide in north Norfolk and hope that they will come forward.'
You may also want to watch:
A sponsored walk is taking place to raise funds for SoBS on the north Norfolk coast on June 10. For more information on this and the Sheringham support group call 07771544291 or email email@example.com
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument