Mum launches Christmas gift appeal for care home residents
- Credit: MELANIE SHARE
A mum from mid Norfolk has launched an appeal to help bring smiles to care home residents this Christmas.
Melanie Share, of Beetley, near Dereham, is collecting items which can used as presents and delivered this festive period.
She said: “So many people have not had visits or done things with their loved ones this year.
“There are also many people living in care homes who do not have family able to come and see them.
“So, I thought how nice it would be for these people to receive a present from Santa this year.”
You may also want to watch:
Miss Share needs donations of toiletries, manicure sets, socks and gloves, and any other type of small and suitable gift.
The mum-of-one is also being supported by clients from Mid Norfolk Mencap, where she works, to help wrap the gifts so they can be delivered to local care homes in time for Christmas.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
If you are able to donate any gifts, please ring Miss Share on 07961 099930.