Mugger breaks 82-year-old victim's hip
An 82-year-old woman is being treated in hospital for a broken hip today after being knocked to the ground by a mugger.She walking along Seabank Way, near the post office, at around 8.
An 82-year-old woman is being treated in hospital for a broken hip today after being knocked to the ground by a mugger.
She walking along Seabank Way, near the post office, at around 8.50am on Sunday, when a person riding a bicycle rode into her and fled with her handbag.
A police spokesman said: “She had just been to the shops and was on her way home when a person, believed to be male, literally ran her down on his bike.
“He grabbed her shopping bag, which contained her purse, and rode off in the direction of Newlands Avenue.”
The purse contained what was described as a substantial quantity of cash. The attacker was believed to have been wearing a beige hooded top, bearing the words New York.
The woman's shopping bag was black on one side and multi-coloured on the other. The purse containing the stolen cash was blue, with two zips.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 6 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 7 Norfolk holiday home named one of the best in the UK
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 10 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
Anyone with information should call DC Richard Moden, at King's Lynn CID.