Muddy obstacle course planned by children’s hospice charity
- Credit: Archant
If getting muddy, wet and dirty tackling a 5km obstacle course while raising money for children's hospices sounds like your idea of a good time, you might want to check out this event.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) is planning to run the course at Old Buckenham on September 23 as part of an event called Heroic.
Participants will have to negotiate obstacles including tyre runs, a double seesaw and scrabble nets.
Tal Williams, EACH fundraiser, said: 'We are really excited about the first Heroic event for EACH. The day is guaranteed to be a challenge, but also good fun and great for spectators too.
'All funds raised will be to enable us to continue supporting local children and young people with a life-threatening condition, and their families. We are grateful to our headline sponsor Bateman Groundworks for their support.
You may also want to watch:
'This is an ideal challenge for individuals or groups and company teams. We have already had a lot of interest for the event and spaces are limited.'
The charity is also looking for volunteers to help on the day, call 01953 666767 if you can help.
To register for the event visit www.each.org.uk/heroic
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 6 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars