Much-loved war bird confirmed for Old Buckenham Airshow
- Credit: Steve Adams
The date has been set and the first plane in the line up has been confirmed.
And organisers of the Old Buckenham Airshow are hopeful for another record breaking two days when the annual event returns next year.
Regular crowd pleaser and legendary war bird, the MK 9 Supermarine Spitfire, is the first confirmed act for the show which will be held on July 29 and 30 2017.
About 5,000 people attended this year's show, held at Old Buckenham Airfield, and organiser Matt Wilkins hopes for similar next year.
He said: 'We've been overwhelmed by the support of the public over the last few years and are completely delighted with the airshow's success.
You may also want to watch:
'We've been investing hard in making sure that the show is the best it can be; new facilities and attractions have been added over the last two years and we're spending heavily to attract the best acts in aviation too - the result of which was 2016s record horsepower.'
At this year's show, of which the Eastern Daily Press is a media partner, there were appearances by the B-17 Flying Fortress Sally B, the giant Catalina Flying Boat and the Old Buckenham-based Wildcats Aerobatics.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
A new logo and website, designed by Mr Wilkins, have also been launched for the 2017 airshow.
Mr Wilkins added: 'All of this hard work and investment has led to a great many accolades and positive reviews.
'Perhaps the best of these came from a family who called the air show 'the ultimate family day out' and we're extremely proud of that moniker and are working hard to earn such praise in 2017.'
Our sister television station Mustard recorded a DVD of the 2016 airshow.
For details of how to buy the DVD and for more information about the airshow visit http://www.oldbuckenhamairshow.co.uk/