Much-loved Norfolk seaside crab shop up for sale
- Credit: Archant © 2006
A well-known former crab shop, which has stood in the centre of Cromer for many years, is up for sale.
Bob Davies's Crab Shop, run by Bob and Billy Davies, stood proudly on The Gangway, just by the seafront, selling the famous Cromer crabs.
It was featured in a BBC TV programme called Now and Then, in 1978, where famous fisherman Henry 'Shrimp' Davies toured the streets of Cromer and showed viewers the shop.
In the programme the front of the shop announced that it was featured in the popular TV game show, the Generation Game.
The 18th-century building is being sold by Arnolds Keys.
It is a Grade II listed building and has a maisonette above the shop and a seating area outside for customers.
The maisonette has one double bedroom, living room/kitchenette, a second-floor landing and a shower room.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 5 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
The contents of the shop are included in the sale with potential for the new owner to continue using it as a shop.
It is on the market with a guide price of £245,000.
To book an appointment to view, call Arnolds Keys Cromer on 01263 512026.