Much Ado as Norwich Cathedral is all set to host Shakespeare performances
- Credit: Archant
There is set to be Much Ado at Norwich Cathedral this weekend as the historic venue hosts its annual Shakespeare Festival.
The Lord Chamberlain's Men theatre company is returning to the cathedral on Friday and Saturday to perform the battle-of-the-sexes comedy Much Ado About Nothing in the cloisters.
With more than 650 tickets already sold for each night, an extra 100 tickets have now been released for sale across the two performances.
James Shelton, from Norwich Cathedral, said: 'The Lord Chamberlain's Men were such a hit last year with Twelfth Night and we are delighted to be welcoming them back this year with Much Ado About Nothing.
'We are really looking forward to more excellent evenings of open air theatre, especially with it being the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death.'
You may also want to watch:
The company is known for presenting Shakespeare's plays just as they would have been done in his day, and the show will be performed by an all-male cast with Elizabethan costume, music and dance.
Meanwhile on Sunday evening people are being invited to bring their pets to the cloisters for a special service. Local animal organisations and sanctuaries will also be attending the occasion and will be bringing miniature ponies, dogs, cats, ferrets and other animals.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
Mr Shelton said: 'We are welcoming the public to bring their own pets to this service which is in celebration of animals.'
• Much Ado About Nothing is at Norwich Cathedral on Friday and Saturday at 7pm. People are welcome to come early to enjoy picnics in the cloisters before the show. Tickets £20 (£18 concessions). People can book tickets online at www.cathedral.org.uk and via the Norwich Theatre Royal box office on 01603 630000.
• The Service in Celebration of Animals will be at 6.30pm on Sunday in the cathedral's cloisters. Pets will need to be on a lead or in a carrier.