Former Ms World to join charity runners
- Credit: Archant
People are being encouraged to walk, run or climb alongside a former Ms Europe, in support of a local cancer charity.
Wymondham based cancer support charity Star Throwers will host its mile long Run Walk or Climb event this Sunday, with challenges ranging from a gentle walk to a testing assault course.
The event, which will take place at Old Buckenham Country Park, opens at 11am and will run until 2pm.
The one-mile course features a cargo net crawl, a large climbing wall, monkey bars, iron roll, river jumps, and balance beam.
Former Ms World winner Kerri Parker will be joining runners, having been supported by the charity following a brain cancer diagnosis last June.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "During my six-year cancer battle there is no one I have put my trust in like Star Throwers, what they are doing for me and mum with their support is amazing. You just have to walk in and you feel better and that is something we do not often feel when we are terminally ill."
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting