Mr D’s Diner on A11 at Attleborough to close
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
An American-themed diner next to the A11 Attleborough Bypass is set to close this month.
The team behind Mr D's Diner announced on Twitter on Wednesday afternoon that they will be closing on Thursday, July 20.
They posted: 'It is with great sadness that we have to announce the closure of Mr D's Diner on 20th July. Thank you for all your support over the years!'
Restaurant manager, Richard Lemon said: 'It's all very sudden, but essentially the owner, Mr D, is looking to retire.
'He's had the land next to the diner up for sale and someone has made him an offer and they want to buy the building the diner is housed within as well, so he's taking them up on it while the offer is on the table. It's sad, but these things happen.'
You may also want to watch:
Messages of support have already started pouring in on social media, with Daryl Harper saying: 'Gutted, going to miss superb food served by friendly staff.'
It has not yet been confirmed what will become of the building, but a planning application has been submitted to Breckland Council for permission to transform the diner into a drive-through coffee shop.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage