Move over John Lewis: Norfolk’s own cheery Christmas advert
- Credit: Vincent's Garage
They may not have had the multi-million pound budget of the likes of John Lewis but one Norfolk business has not let that stop them producing their own quirky Christmas film just as memorable as anything the national chains can do.
The cheery festive film from Vincent's Garage, at Rushall, near Diss, has been winning over viewers on social media with its home made charm.
And while John Lewis may have roped in superstar Elton John for its latest Christmas advert, the garage, which specialises in vintage and classic cars, is highlighting the voice of South Norfolk singing sensation Breeze Redwine.
The 16-year-old singer, who hails nearby Starston, performs a version of evergreen hit It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas for the short film that tells the story of two elves, played by garage employees Keith Bickers and Shaun Woodcock, on a hunt for a Christmas tree.
Garage owner Rob Vincent said: 'They go looking for a Christmas tree at the Red Lion in Needham and they find one that looks suspiciously like another employee Matthew White.'
You may also want to watch:
After packing in through a netting machine, the elves take him back to the garage's reception where they decorated him with fairy lights.
'They all work here as mechanics and MOT testers. They are always up for a bit of a laugh. The filming took about three hours and we did three takes, so Matt had to go through that netting machine three times to make sure we got the best one for the video.'
The film, which is full of quirky humour, was shot by local video director-producer David McKenna and since being shared on the garage Facebook page has clocked up thousands of views.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
Earlier this year the same team produced a special film marking Norfolk Day also featuring a song by Breeze, who the garage sponsors.
Rob said: 'I first met Breeze when her mother brought her car in here. Throughout the year we have worked together and various projects.
'This year she wanted to do a Christmas video and instead of sending out a Christmas card we thought we would make this online video to share and bring a bit of Christmas cheer.'