Mouse trouble in Norfolk resort
PEST control bosses have revealed that mice are the biggest nuisance in the Great Yarmouth borough.
A survey by the British Pest Control Association (BPCA) showed the borough council had the fourth highest number of calls out of all 314 authorities in England for problems.
Council pest control workers were called out 806 times during the 12 months that the information was collated.
There were 230 issues with mice, but the experts say the borough does not have a problem with cockroaches or bed bugs.
The BPCA sent Freedom of Information requests to all authorities for figures for the 12 months to April 2011.
You may also want to watch:
They asked about issues including rats, mice, bedbugs, cockroaches, wasps, ants and birds.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 5 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 6 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 9 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 10 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park