Almost 40 fire fighters tackle fire in central Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 40 fire fighters tackled a building fire in central Norwich early this morning.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to Mountergate, near Prince of Wales Road, at 1.23am.
Appliances from Carrow, Sprowston, Earlham, Wroxham, Hethersett, Loddon and the aerial ladder platform from Earlham were at the fire.
The 39 fire fighters left the scene at 4.40am.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus used main and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
The industrial building is opposite the back of Rose Lane carpark.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire