Motors and entertainment step up a gear at second Diss Heritage Transport Fayre
- Credit: Archant
It was a motoring fan's dream – seeing perfectly polished Austins, Triumphs, Morgans and more glinting in the sun.
Around 60 vintage and classic vehicles arrived in Diss for the town's second Heritage Transport Fayre on Sunday, which attracted more than 500 visitors.
The Market Square and the streets of the Heritage Triangle were lined with old motor cars from Austins to Anglias, as well as commercial vehicles and vintage motorcycles.
Among them were Ron Ross with his 1950s Morgan Plus 4 and friend Lloyd Smith with his Paramount, and Chris and Pati Sheppard from Pulham Market, whose 1968 Ford Crayford Corsair is one of only ten left on the road.
In Cobb's Yard there was a beer festival and wine and food tasters for visitors, and live music acts took to the stage in the afternoon.
Co-orgainser Peter Hyde said: 'We had 60 vehicles booked in and all but three of them are here. There are quite a few people who have just arrived on the off-chance, who thought they would just park up and enjoy the fun.
'A lot of people have been coming into the yard, where we have our beer festival. Hopefully there's a bit of something for everyone.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 5 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
'Hopefully we can grow and get the Heritage Triangle closed off next year, so we can cram a lot more vehicles in.'
What did you think of the Heritage Transport Fayre? Email email@example.com.