Motors and entertainment step up a gear at second Diss Heritage Transport Fayre
- Credit: Archant
It was a motoring fan's dream – seeing perfectly polished Austins, Triumphs, Morgans and more glinting in the sun.
Around 60 vintage and classic vehicles arrived in Diss for the town's second Heritage Transport Fayre on Sunday, which attracted more than 500 visitors.
The Market Square and the streets of the Heritage Triangle were lined with old motor cars from Austins to Anglias, as well as commercial vehicles and vintage motorcycles.
Among them were Ron Ross with his 1950s Morgan Plus 4 and friend Lloyd Smith with his Paramount, and Chris and Pati Sheppard from Pulham Market, whose 1968 Ford Crayford Corsair is one of only ten left on the road.
In Cobb's Yard there was a beer festival and wine and food tasters for visitors, and live music acts took to the stage in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Co-orgainser Peter Hyde said: 'We had 60 vehicles booked in and all but three of them are here. There are quite a few people who have just arrived on the off-chance, who thought they would just park up and enjoy the fun.
'A lot of people have been coming into the yard, where we have our beer festival. Hopefully there's a bit of something for everyone.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
'Hopefully we can grow and get the Heritage Triangle closed off next year, so we can cram a lot more vehicles in.'
What did you think of the Heritage Transport Fayre? Email email@example.com.