Motorist seriously injured after accident at Shadingfield near Beccles which blocks road for three hours
- Credit: Archant
A road in north Suffolk was blocked for three hours today after a single-vehicle crash.
The incident happened on London Road in Shadingfield, near Beccles, between the junctions with Station Road and Mill Lane.
The single-vehicle crash was reported to police just after 9am.
A Ford Galaxy came off the road and ended up in a field. Police conducted an investigation at the scene and the road was closed in both directions to deal with the incident in which the male driver of the car sustained serious injuries.
The road was re-opened shortly after 12 noon.
You may also want to watch:
The man, who is in his 40s, had to be cut free by fire crews from Beccles and Lowestoft South.
It is not thought he sustained any broken bones but that he could be suffering from abdominal and internal injuries. He was airlifted from the scene by the East Anglian Air Ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the crash to come forward. You can pass information to the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.