Motorist critical after crash
IAN CLARKE A motorist in his 20s is in a critical condition in hospital after suffering serious head injuries in a crash on the A47 at SwaffhamThe man was driving a red Vauxhall Vectra estate, registration V32 DPE, on the dual carriageway towards King's Lynn at approximately 3.
A motorist in his 20s is in a critical condition in hospital after suffering serious head injuries in a crash on the A47 at Swaffham
The man was driving a red Vauxhall Vectra estate, registration V32 DPE, on the dual carriageway towards King's Lynn at approximately 3.15am on Sunday when it left the road, entering heavy foliage, before rolling back onto the road and landing in the second lane.
It happened 300m on the Lynn side of the Swaffham slip-road on to the A47.
The driver, from the local area, initially escaped with his two occupants and all were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn, for treatment.
There it was found that he had suffered serious head injuries and as his condition worsened, he was transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 7 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
The two male passengers suffered minor injuries.
Officers investigating this collision are appealing for any witnesses to the incident or the manner of driving of the Vectra immediately before it went off the road.
They are particularly keen to speak to a motorist who initially stopped at the scene but left before police could obtain any details.
Anyone with information should contact PC Jonny Miller at Swaffham Roads Policing Unit on 0845 456 4567.