Motorcylist dies after collision at Walsoken near Wisbech
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal road collision at Walsoken, near Wisbech.
It happened at Wheatley Bank close to the junction of the B198 around 11.15am on Tuesday, June 13, when a blue Sinnis motorcycle, travelling towards Lynn behind a blue Land Rover Discovery, was involved in a collision with a white Ford Mondeo.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 30s, suffered serious life-threatening injuries and was taken by the air ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge. The man, who has not yet been named, has now died.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and re-opened at 3.50pm.
Road policing officers are keen to hear from anyone who saw the collision or the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should contact PC Keith Wiseman at the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy