Motorcyclist suffers leg injury after road collision in Dereham
- Credit: James Bass
A motorcyclist has sustained a leg injury after a road traffic collision involving a lorry on Swanton Road in Dereham.
The accident, which took place just before 11am on Wednesday, caused a second minor collision involving two other vehicles that had slowed suddenly.
The East of England Ambulance Service said they were called to the scene at 10.42am and the motorcyclist, a man believed to be in his 20s, has been flown by air ambulance to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital after sustaining a suspected serious leg injury.
He was conscious and breathing after the accident and his condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
Norfolk Police said the road was closed in both directions following the RTC but reopened at 12.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
The incident also caused a suspected fuel leak on one of the vehicles and Norfolk fire service dispatched a crew from Dereham who made the scene safe just before midday.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 New vintage store opens bigger premises