Motorcyclist killed in A47 crash near King’s Lynn
Biker collided with central reservation and was hit by a car
A motorcyclist was killed in a crash near King's Lynn last night.
The man, whose details have not been released, died after hitting the central reservation and then colliding with a car on the A47 at Walpole Highway, just under two miles from Lynn's Pullover roundabout.
A police spokesman said the motorcyclist, who had been travelling as part of a group of three, died from head injuries as a result of hitting the central barrier. He was also hit by a blue Renault Megane, but the fatal injury appeared to come from the initial impact.
The bikes were travelling towards Wisbech in the outside lane of the dual carriageway when the crash happened.
You may also want to watch:
The East of England Ambulance Service sent a rapid response car and an ambulance to the scene just after 8.30pm but the man was pronounced dead.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: 'First and foremost our thoughts are with the mans family at this tragic time.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
Police are investigating the circumstances of the crash and any information should go to the serious collision investigation team on 0845 456 4567.