Motorcyclist injured in road crash
A motorcyclist was in a serious condition tonight after a crash in Lowestoft. The man, believed to be in his late 20s has been transferred to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A motorcyclist was in a serious condition tonight after a crash in Lowestoft.
The man, believed to be in his late 20s, was initially airlifted to the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, before being transferred to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. A police spokesman said the rider was believed to be suffering from life-threatening injuries.
The accident, which only involved the blue Kawasaki 600cc motorbike, happened at about 1.40pm at Tom Crisp Way, on the South Lowestoft relief road.
The road was closed until just before 6pm and traffic was diverted through Oulton Broad as traffic police carried out their investigations. The location of the crash was about 200 metres from the roundabout linking Tom Crisp Way with Horn Hill.
Witnesses have been asked to contact the Halesworth roads policing unit on 01986 835350.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK