Motorcyclist injured in crash which caused A140 tailbacks
A motorcyclist was injured in a crash on the A140 at the Suffolk/Norfolk border which caused congestion for motorists tonight.
Police and paramedics were called to reports of an accident involving a blue BMW motorbike and a grey Audi car on the road near Stuston at 5.10pm.
The road was partially closed for more than an hour while paramedics administered first aid to the male motorbike rider.
He suffered injuries not thought to be life-threatening and was deemed fit enough by paramedics to be discharged at the scene, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
The road reopened at 6.45pm, though heavy congestion was reported northbound on the A140 between the B1077 Stuston Lane junction and Scole.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Audi was not reported to have suffered any injuries.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk