Motorcyclist in hospital with serious head injury
A motorcyclist is in hospital with a serious head injury after a crash near the A11.
Police were called at 4.10pm on Saturday, August 10, to reports of a collision on the A1065 near to the entrance to the services at Barton Mills involving a Suzuki motorcycle and a blue BMW 120D car.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 50s, sustained a serious head injury and was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
He remains in a serious condition, according to a Suffolk Police spokesman.
The road was closed to allow an investigation into the circumstances of the collision to get under way but it has since reopened.
Witnesses or anybody who saw the manner of driving before the incident happened is asked to contact the Bury St Edmunds Roads Policing Team quoting CAD reference 309 of August 10 by visiting www.suffolk.police.uk/contact-us/existing-report-update
You may also want to watch:
Anybody who may have relevant dash-cam or mobile phone footage are asked to visit www.suffolk.police.uk/contact-us/report-something/9-dashboard-camera-report-form
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 7 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns