Motorcyclist in hospital with serious injuries after crash in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A motorcyclist remains in hospital after a serious crash in Norwich.
It happened on Barrett Road at the junction with Mansfield Road at 7.30am on Sunday when a blue VW Passat, travelling towards Martineau Lane, and a red BSA motorcycle, travelling in the opposite direction, were involved in a crash.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 50s, suffered serious injuries to his right lower leg and was taken by ambulance to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he continues to be treated.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and re-opened at 10.45am.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should contact PC Wendy Frary at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday