Motorcyclist dies in accident at Griston, near Watton
A motorcyclist died today in an accident on the A1075 road near Watton.
A young motorcyclist died today in an accident on the A1075 road near Watton.
The rider, who was in his late-teens, was travelling along the main Watton to Thetford road at Griston just before 10.30am when the accident happened.
Norfolk police, who are seeking witnesses to the tragedy, said he was on a blue Yamaha machine heading towards Thetford.
The crash happened about 400 metres from the Thompson Road turning.
You may also want to watch:
The East Anglian air ambulance was called to the scene along with rapid-response paramedics and ambulance personnel.
Norfolk police confirmed this afternoon that the victim had died of his injuries.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
The East of England Ambulance Service said the rider was travelling alone on the machine and no other vehicle was involved.
The road was closed in both directions as the emergency services attended the scene and an accident investigation began. Traffic was being diverted until the main road was reopened at about 1.15pm.
Anyone who saw what happened, or who may have seen the motorcyclist during the time leading up to the tragedy, is being asked to contact PC 1059 Wiseman at Norfolk police's Wymondham roads policing unit or its serious collsion investigation team on the non-emergency number 101.