Motorcyclist dies following crash at Stradsett
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist involved in a crash at Stradsett this morning has died.
Emergency services were called at 7.30am following reports of a collision between a motorcyclist and a Ford Transit van around half a mile north of the Foldgate Inn at the A134 and A1122 junction.
Police have confirmed that the motorcyclist, a man, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with serious injuries but later died.
The road was closed for five hours, reopening at around midday after all initial enquiries were completed.
A man in his 20s was arrested at the scene and taken to the King's Lynn Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Officers want to speak to anyone who witnessed the accident, particularly anyone who saw the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the collision or has dash camera footage.
Witnesses should contact Sgt Peter Howlett at the Roads Armed Policing Team at Swaffham on 101 quoting incident reference 54 of 31 January or email HowlettP@norfolk.police.uk
- 1 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 9 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend