Motorcyclist dies following crash at Stradsett
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist involved in a crash at Stradsett this morning has died.
Emergency services were called at 7.30am following reports of a collision between a motorcyclist and a Ford Transit van around half a mile north of the Foldgate Inn at the A134 and A1122 junction.
Police have confirmed that the motorcyclist, a man, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with serious injuries but later died.
The road was closed for five hours, reopening at around midday after all initial enquiries were completed.
A man in his 20s was arrested at the scene and taken to the King's Lynn Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Officers want to speak to anyone who witnessed the accident, particularly anyone who saw the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the collision or has dash camera footage.
Witnesses should contact Sgt Peter Howlett at the Roads Armed Policing Team at Swaffham on 101 quoting incident reference 54 of 31 January or email HowlettP@norfolk.police.uk
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season