Motorcyclist dies following crash at Stradsett
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist involved in a crash at Stradsett this morning has died.
Emergency services were called at 7.30am following reports of a collision between a motorcyclist and a Ford Transit van around half a mile north of the Foldgate Inn at the A134 and A1122 junction.
Police have confirmed that the motorcyclist, a man, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with serious injuries but later died.
The road was closed for five hours, reopening at around midday after all initial enquiries were completed.
A man in his 20s was arrested at the scene and taken to the King's Lynn Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Officers want to speak to anyone who witnessed the accident, particularly anyone who saw the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the collision or has dash camera footage.
Witnesses should contact Sgt Peter Howlett at the Roads Armed Policing Team at Swaffham on 101 quoting incident reference 54 of 31 January or email HowlettP@norfolk.police.uk
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park