Motorcyclist dies following collision with car in Barnham
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Roads policing officers are appealing for information following a fatal collision in Barnham.
Suffolk Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called at 11.59am to reports of a two vehicle collision on the A134 near to RAF Barnham.
A blue Renault Scenic car travelling northbound on the road had collided with a red Triumph motorcycle.
Two ambulances, an ambulance officer and an air ambulance were sent to the scene along with crews from the Norfolk and Suffolk Fire and Rescue Services.
The motorcyclist, a man in his sixties, died at the scene. The other driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The A134 was closed in both directions for several hours and reopened at 4pm. An investigation into the circumstances of the collision is now underway.
Witnesses are asked to called Suffolk Police's Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) on 101 quoting CAD 158 of today.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation