Motorcyclist dies following collision with car in Barnham
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Roads policing officers are appealing for information following a fatal collision in Barnham.
Suffolk Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called at 11.59am to reports of a two vehicle collision on the A134 near to RAF Barnham.
A blue Renault Scenic car travelling northbound on the road had collided with a red Triumph motorcycle.
Two ambulances, an ambulance officer and an air ambulance were sent to the scene along with crews from the Norfolk and Suffolk Fire and Rescue Services.
The motorcyclist, a man in his sixties, died at the scene. The other driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
The A134 was closed in both directions for several hours and reopened at 4pm. An investigation into the circumstances of the collision is now underway.
Witnesses are asked to called Suffolk Police's Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) on 101 quoting CAD 158 of today.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 9 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 10 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area