Motorcyclist dies after crash on A47 at Pentney
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
A motorcyclist who suffered serious injuries in a crash on the A47 at Pentney has died.
The crash, involving a lorry and motorcycle, happened on Thursday at about 6.10pm near a lay-by, about half-a-mile from West Bilney.
The motorcyclist, a man in his late 20s, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn but died during the weekend as a result of his injuries.
At the time of the crash the road was shut between the A149 Hardwick Roundabout at King's Lynn and the A1122 in Swaffham.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites