Motorcyclist dies after crash on A47 at Pentney
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
A motorcyclist who suffered serious injuries in a crash on the A47 at Pentney has died.
The crash, involving a lorry and motorcycle, happened on Thursday at about 6.10pm near a lay-by, about half-a-mile from West Bilney.
The motorcyclist, a man in his late 20s, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn but died during the weekend as a result of his injuries.
At the time of the crash the road was shut between the A149 Hardwick Roundabout at King's Lynn and the A1122 in Swaffham.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 3 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 4 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 5 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 6 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 7 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall