Motorcyclist dies after crash on A134 in Norfolk

Norfolk Constabulary police vehicle. Picture: James Bass.

Norfolk Constabulary police vehicle. Picture: James Bass. - Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012

A motorcyclist has died following a crash in Norfolk - taking the tragic toll of fatalities on the county's roads this month to eight.

The man in his 30s died at the scene of the crash at Lynford, between Thetford and Mundford, last night.

He was riding a blue and white Suzuki GSXR, heading towards Lynford, which crashed into a tree, on the A134 Mundford Road, near to the junction with Santon Road.

The crash happened just before 8pm.

Norfolk police today confirmed the motorcyclist had died as result of his injuries.

Police closed the road while emergency services dealt with the incident. Firefighters from Thetford went to the scene and put out a fire on the motorcycle. The road was re-opened at just after midnight.

Police today appealed for anyone who saw the crash or has information about the motorcycle was being driven before it to contact them.

Most Read

Witnesses should contact PC Andrew Miles from Swaffham Police Station on 101.

The motorcyclist's death is the latest in a string of tragedies on the county's roads during August.

On Monday, passers-by fought to save a man following a head-on crash on the A148 at Bale.

A driver, believed to be in his 30s, died at the scene after his Mitsubishi Colt crashed with a VW Tiguan on the road between Fakenham and Holt, on Monday afternoon.

A woman van driver died following a crash with a tractor on the A11 at Wymondham on Thursday last week.

That came less than 24 hours after two women were killed in a crash near Castle Rising on the A149 in West Norfolk, which also resulted in another motorist being taken to hospital.

On Monday, August 15, young couple Katie Louise Rowland, 17, and Daniel Eyres, 21, died whenn their Mini Cooper came off the road in Methwold Hyde.

And the day before, a woman in her 90s died from injuries sustained in a crash with a car as she was walking in Holt High Street.