Motorcyclist dies after crash on A1065 between Fakenham and Swaffham
A young motorcyclist has died after a crash on the A1065 between Fakenham and Swaffham this morning.
The incident happened at around 7am close to the junction with Low Street, in Weasenham St Peter, and the man who died was in his 20s from the Swaffham area.
A grey Mitsubishi L200 was turning onto the A1065, travelling towards Swaffham, when it was involved in a collision with a red and black Honda 125 motorbike.
Following the initial collision the driver of a black Volkswagen Bora, who stopped to help, was subsequently injured after another vehicle - a silver Ford Mondeo - collided with the wreckage.
A man in his 40s, who was driving the Bora, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn with leg injuries. His condition has been described as stable.
You may also want to watch:
The road was blocked in both directions for just over four hours.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who believes they may have witnessed the original incident between the Mitsubishi and the Honda.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 10 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
Anyone with information is urged to contact senior investigator Steve Matthews at Norfolk Police's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.