Motorcyclist dies after crash on A1065 between Fakenham and Swaffham
A young motorcyclist has died after a crash on the A1065 between Fakenham and Swaffham this morning.
The incident happened at around 7am close to the junction with Low Street, in Weasenham St Peter, and the man who died was in his 20s from the Swaffham area.
A grey Mitsubishi L200 was turning onto the A1065, travelling towards Swaffham, when it was involved in a collision with a red and black Honda 125 motorbike.
Following the initial collision the driver of a black Volkswagen Bora, who stopped to help, was subsequently injured after another vehicle - a silver Ford Mondeo - collided with the wreckage.
A man in his 40s, who was driving the Bora, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn with leg injuries. His condition has been described as stable.
The road was blocked in both directions for just over four hours.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who believes they may have witnessed the original incident between the Mitsubishi and the Honda.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 3 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 4 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 5 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 6 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 7 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 8 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 9 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 10 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
Anyone with information is urged to contact senior investigator Steve Matthews at Norfolk Police's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.