Motorcyclist dies after colliding with lamppost on A134 at Mundford
- Credit: Ian Burt
Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision on A134 at Mundford.
It took place just after 1pm yesterday (Sunday) close to the junction with West Tofts Road.
A blue and white Suzuki motorbike travelling from Thetford towards Mundford left the road just prior to the A1065 roundabout and struck a lamppost.
Sadly the rider of the motorbike, a man in his 40s from the Hertfordshire area, died at the scene as a result of his injuries.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the driving manner of the vehicle prior to the collision. It is thought that the motorbike was part of a group a mile or so beforehand.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'