Motorcyclist dies after colliding with lamppost on A134 at Mundford
- Credit: Ian Burt
Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision on A134 at Mundford.
It took place just after 1pm yesterday (Sunday) close to the junction with West Tofts Road.
A blue and white Suzuki motorbike travelling from Thetford towards Mundford left the road just prior to the A1065 roundabout and struck a lamppost.
Sadly the rider of the motorbike, a man in his 40s from the Hertfordshire area, died at the scene as a result of his injuries.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the driving manner of the vehicle prior to the collision. It is thought that the motorbike was part of a group a mile or so beforehand.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer