Motorcyclist caught speeding on the Acle Straight near Yarmouth
- Credit: Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing
A speeding motorcyclist was given a prohibition notice yesterday after being spotted by a police officer, also on a motorbike.
At around 3pm the officer, from the road casualty reduction team, was travelling westbound on the A47 toward Acle, when he saw a KTM motorcycle speeding toward Yarmouth.
PC Mark Carter, from the team, said: 'The officer turned round and followed behind the KTM where the rider was noticed to be wearing shorts and t-shirt whilst riding.
'The rider continued at excess speed along the A47 Acle Straight with the police motorcycle behind them and was stopped by the officer.
'The bike was found to have defective tyres on the front and on the rear and also a defective drive chain. On further checks the rider was found not to have a licence covering the motorcycle as stopped.'
The rider was reported for the offences, and a prohibition notice was issued, effectively revoking the vehicle MOT due to its condition.
Officers reminded all road users to adhere to the regulations when using the road and to check their vehicles, or seek advice and assistance to do this. PC Carter added: 'We appreciate the warm weather is tempting to motorcycle riders to adjust their attire accordingly, however when incidents take place the clothing we wear when riding can be the difference between walking away and being hospitalised in some incidents.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 7 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row