Motorcyclist and passenger suffer serious injuries after collision with a car in Ixworth
Two people have been seriously injured following a two-vehicle road traffic collision on the A1088 at Ixworth, between Scole and Bury St Edmunds.
Police were contacted around 7.35pm on Sunday to reports of a collision involving a car and a motorcycle not far from the A143 junction.
The two people on the motorcycle were taken to hospital with serious injuries. One – believed to be a woman in her 60s - was airlifted to Addenbrookes hospital in a critical condition. The other – a man, also thought to be in his 60s – was taken to the West Suffolk hospital by road ambulance.
The car driver - a young woman – was also taken to the West Suffolk Hospital for treatment.
The road towards Thetford was closed from the A143/ A1088 roundabout while an investigation gets underway at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Suffolk Police by dialling 101, quoting CAD number 424 of Sunday, July 2.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison