Motorcyclist and passenger suffer serious injuries after collision with a car in Ixworth
Two people have been seriously injured following a two-vehicle road traffic collision on the A1088 at Ixworth, between Scole and Bury St Edmunds.
Police were contacted around 7.35pm on Sunday to reports of a collision involving a car and a motorcycle not far from the A143 junction.
The two people on the motorcycle were taken to hospital with serious injuries. One – believed to be a woman in her 60s - was airlifted to Addenbrookes hospital in a critical condition. The other – a man, also thought to be in his 60s – was taken to the West Suffolk hospital by road ambulance.
The car driver - a young woman – was also taken to the West Suffolk Hospital for treatment.
The road towards Thetford was closed from the A143/ A1088 roundabout while an investigation gets underway at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Suffolk Police by dialling 101, quoting CAD number 424 of Sunday, July 2.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre