Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital after Costessey van collision
- Credit: Perfect Pose Photography/EAAA
A motorcyclist has been airlifted to hospital after a collision involving a van in a Norfolk street.
Police and the air ambulance were called to Three Mile Lane, in Costessey, Norwich, after a van and a motorbike collided outside the junior school earlier this afternoon (Monday, July 22).
Police said they were dealing with a "serious incident" but that the injuries suffered by the rider, who understood to be a 17-year-old boy, were not thought to be life-threatening.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said: "We received a call at 3.18pm from a member of the public about a road traffic collision between a van and a motorbike.
"The rider has gone to hospital with his injuries [and] roads policing officers are still at the scene of the accident, awaiting recovery."
You may also want to watch:
And an East Anglian Air Ambulance spokesperson added: "Anglia One was called up to a road traffic collision at Costessey at 3.25pm."
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks