Motorcycle rider in critical condition after colliding with van and tree on rural Norfolk road
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A motorcycle rider was taken to hospital in a critical condition yesterday after colliding with a van on a rural Norfolk road.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the crash, in the village of Alderford, near Lenwade, at around 3pm on Wednesday.
Police believe a white Vauxhall Vivaro van and a red and white Honda Fireblade motorbike collided on the Reepham Road, with the motorbike then leaving the road and crashing into a tree.
The man riding the motorbike suffered serious facial injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in what police have described as a 'critical condition'.
The Reepham Road was closed until 7.50pm while a collision investigation was carried out by the emergency services.
You may also want to watch:
Acle Roads Policing Unit officers now want to speak to anyone who witnessed the crash or saw the manner of driving of the vehicles beforehand. The van had been travelling towards Reepham and the motorbike towards Norwich.
Anyone with information can contact PC Nina Scott at Acle Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 9 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case