Motorbike rider suffers “serious leg injury” after crash involving car on A47
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A motorbike rider suffered a 'serious leg injury' following a crash on the A47 last night.
Police said the accident happened at 10.45pm, near Acle, at the junction with the Beighton / Lingwood turn off, when a red Seat Ibiza and a man riding a black Suzuki GSXR 1000 Motorcycle were involved in a collision.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 50s, suffered what police described as 'serious injuries'.
The ambulance service said he was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, along with a second patient who suffered minor injuries.
Fire crews from Carrow and Acle were called.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said the motorcycle had been on fire but they extinguished the bike, made the scene safe and helped ambulance and police who were also in attendance.
The Highways Agency arrived on scene at 1.40am to clear debris, and the road re-opened at 3.30am.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
- 10 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
Police want to hear from anyone who may have seen the crash, or manner of driving of either vehicle before the incident.
Witnesses should contact officers from Acle Roads Policing Unit on 101 or call Crimesoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org