Mother’s tribute to Filby woman Cally-Ann who died aged 23
- Credit: Archant
A heartbroken mother has paid tribute to her daughter whose life was suddenly cut short at the age of 23.
Friends and family of Cally-Ann McAndrew were shocked when the carer from Filby suddenly died in her sleep.
They are now fundraising for a memorial bench and garden area at her local church.
Her mother, Lisa McAndrew, said: 'As you can imagine it was devastating to everyone who knew us as a family and all her friends and work colleagues.
'She is greatly missed by everyone who knew her.
'She was a beautiful girl, but sometimes shy. She loved her dog, called Sam, dearly and she loved caring, and would do anything for anyone.'
Miss McAndrew was a home carer for people living in Filby and surrounding villages with Allied Healthcare.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 9 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 10 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
She had just finished her health and social care level 3 qualifications in order for her to attend university in September to train to be a pharmacist.
Her mother has started a Crowdfunding page in order to raise money for the bench and garden area.
So far they have raised £150 out of a target of £1,000.
Lisa said: 'People have been so very supportive and fundraising events are already under way.
'We have many events that will be posted soon for anyone who wishes to attend or donate.'
On April 4, there will be a Zumba night at Fleggburgh Village Hall between 6.30pm and 7.30pm. The cost for the class is £5.
On April 30, there will be a coffee morning at Filby Village Hall between 10am and 1pm.
Any donations of books, raffle prizes, tombola prizes, cakes can be brought to the hall from 9am on the morning.
Miss McAndrew died on January 16.
An inquest opening into her death was held on March 22 and has been adjourned to September 13.
To donate towards Cally's memorial bench visit https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/CallysMemorialBench
Do you have any Great Yarmouth stories? Email firstname.lastname@example.org