Mum rescues children from burning bedroom after fire breaks out
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A mother rescued her children from a burning bedroom in the early hours of the morning.
The blaze on Dove Avenue in Wymondham was started by an electrical appliance in a child's bedroom at around 5.30am on Wednesday, the fire service said.
Station manager Stefan Rider attended the fire with appliances from Wymondham and Hethersett, and used hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze.
He praised the mother for her swift actions.
Mr Rider said: "Luckily the family had a smoke alarm so the mum was able to evacuate the children before anyone was hurt. Thanks to a quick call to the fire service and swift action from those crews the fire was put out before it could spread through the rest of the building.
You may also want to watch:
"The main point to take away from this is that the smoke alarm saved that family from harm."
The manager said the blaze had caused extensive damage to the bedroom and upstairs of the property, and the family had been forced to leave their home.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies