Mother questioned in Norwich triple stabbing case
The mother stabbed along with her two daughters at their home in Norwich has recovered enough to be questioned by detectives, police have said.
Victoria Meek, 23, is now in a stable condition at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (N&N) after police found her and her two children with knife wounds at their home in Mill Close, Norwich, on Tuesday.
Isaac Williams, 28, her former partner, and father of her three-year-old daughter, was arrested in South Beach Parade, Great Yarmouth, later the same day and was still being held in police custody last night awaiting questioning.
The three-year-old remains in a critical but stable condition at Addenbrookes Hospital where she has undergone surgery. Miss Meek's six-year-old daughter is in a stable condition at the N&N.
Forensic examinations at the house in Mill Close were continuing yesterday.
The matter has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission because Miss Meek had recently contacted Norfolk police about concerns for her safety.
It is understood Miss Meek had ended her relationship with divorcee Williams, who has another daughter by his former wife, about 18 months ago.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 8 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
A friend of Miss Meek's, who also knew Williams, said: 'He had taken things very badly and I don't think he accepted the relationship was over.'
Williams was born in Sierra Leone and works as a hotel night porter in Norwich.
Do you know Victoria Meek or Isaac Williams? Contact crime correspondent Ben Kendall on 01603 772423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org