Mother and daughter keep Southwold business in the family
A Southwold holiday letting agency is keeping things in the family after a daughter was handed the keys to the business by her mother.
Acanthus Property Letting Services, which rents out second homes to holiday-makers, is now in the hands of Rebecca Meo after her mother Jennifer Tallon decided to retire at the age of 68.
Mrs Tallon set up the company 15 years ago and it has 50 high-quality properties, including bungalows, seaside flats and cottages, it rents out
to holiday-makers in and around Southwold, including Walberswick, Wenhaston and Dunwich.
Miss Meo, 38, said that the company was facing a very positive future with nearly all of its bookings being taken for next year.
You may also want to watch:
Acanthus is also set to benefit from an influx of visitors next summer who will be seeking a temporary home as a base to visit the Olympics.
Miss Meo, who has worked with her mother for a decade, said: 'I am really excited about taking over. Being here for 10 years has been like an apprenticeship in a way. Acanthus has got bigger and bigger every year. We are nearly fully booked for next year. We are an exceptionally popular service.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
Mrs Tallon set up the letting agency after she bought out an estate agents.
She had set up Acanthus Home Care 21 years ago which had provided home care and cleaning services.
She named the businesses Acanthus after the plant as she is a keen gardener – a hobby she is looking forward to in retirement.