Town centre road damaged as ‘gallons’ of water pours from leak
- Credit: Archant
The road surface in a town centre has started to lift as water from a suspected burst water main pours down the street.
People in Wymondham said the pavement next to Morrison on Post Mill Close had become detached from its foundations following a leak.
The water is pouring from the crack, and causing flooding in the area.
Kathryn Cross, from Wymondham, spotted the leak this morning, and said: "There's gallons of water pouring out in gap between pavement tarmac and kerb. Water seems to have pushed the whole pavement up."
A technician from Anglian Water has assessed the leak and the company said it was waiting for repairs.
You may also want to watch:
Cones are currently in place to keep people away from the damaged area.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council