Morrisons add electric vehicle charging points to seaside store
- Credit: Archant
Morrisons in Cromer has confirmed the addition of two electric car charging points for customers.
The supermarket chain will initially be installing two rapid electric car charging points into the Cromer store.
Users will be able to plug in their car and it will take 45 minutes to charge from flat to full.
A spokesperson from Morrisons said: "They [the electric charging points] are powered by green electricity and we wish to provide electric car charging facilities for our customers as a useful service."
Other supermarkets such as Asda, Tesco and Lidl already have electric charging points available for customers.
You may also want to watch:
Leon Davies, owner of Zero Taxis, a completely electric taxi company, said: "This is brilliant news, I'm sure our drivers will trial them when out in that direction.
"As electric cars get more popular I hope the charging facilities will continue to increase and spread across our county to help keep our fleet growing."
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 6 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 7 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 8 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
Morrisons said they will confirm additional stores which will receive the charging points when they can.
The charge points will be ready to use by the start of October.