More works in store for Wymondham’s Waitrose roundabout
- Credit: Archant © 2004
Motorists in Wymondham face yet another week of disruptions and delays outside the town's Waitrose.
Staff from Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and their contractors will be working at the roundabout of Tuttles Lane East and Norwich Road until December 21.
These works will include resurfacing the footpath/cycleway directly outside the supermarket, which is due to take place tomorrow.
During these works, one lane of the dual carriageway B1135 Tuttles Lane East will be closed.
The council is also planning works to the footpath/cycleway at Tuttles Lane East and B1172 Norwich Road. This project should be finished by December 21, and may require lane closures due to pedestrian traffic management requirements.
And even that won't be an end to the story, as Norfolk County Council is planning more of works in the New Year.
These will include works on the B1172 section of Norwich Road, including a high voltage electricity diversion, widening and surfacing to the carriageway, completion of the pedestrian and cycle crossing and construction of a new section of footway.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 10 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
Some traffic management will be required, however any use of signals will be off-peak to reduce disruption.
A statement from the council said: 'Between January 4 and January 9, we will be carrying out kerbing works on the dual carriageway section of B1135 Tuttles Lane East, which will require lane closures.
'All works to the scheme are expected to be completed by 27 January 2017. All dates are dependent on weather conditions. The County Council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.'
UPDATE: In conjunction with the ongoing engineering works at B1135 Tuttles Lane East and B1172 Norwich Road, the existing 40mph speed limit on B1172 Norwich Road/Norwich Common in Wymondham will be reduced to 30mph from December 19.
Signs showing the new speed limit will be put in place.
-What do you think of the works? Email your views to email@example.com