More volunteers needed to man checkpoints at Thetford Iceni Marathon event
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of a full and half marathon in Thetford this weekend are appealing for more volunteers.
The Thetford Iceni Marathon event is taking place this Sunday, but more stewards are needed to man checkpoints on the 13 and 26 mile courses and to support the runners.
The event starts at 9am, with the start and finish lines at the Red Lion on the Market Place. Volunteers will need to be available from 10am to 3pm.
Marathon veteran Melanie Sturman, a member of the 100 Marathon Club, is the mastermind behind the event and will be on hand to show volunteers the location of each checkpoint.
Participants in Sunday's event, which will be the second Iceni Marathon, include Allan and Des Talbot, who will be running on their 45th wedding anniversary, and Carol Goodwin, a visitor to Thetford running her 100th marathon.
Anyone who is interested in helping out at checkpoints for Sunday's event can contact Mel on 07702 493492 or via the Marafun Events Facebook page.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school