Train services hit by further cancellations and delays
- Credit: Archant
Train travellers face further disruption today as the ongoing issues with signalling and train faults cause delays and cancellations.
The signalling issues which have caused problems for the past two weeks are continuing today (Wednesday, December 18), with disruption to Greater Anglia train services between Norwich and Sheringham.
Services are running at a reduced speed, while train services to and from Norwich are terminating and starting from Cromer, with a rail replacement bus service between Cromer and Sheringham.
Investigations have been looking to establish if signalling issues are linked to the introduction of the new Swiss-built Stadler trains for rural and cross-country services.
The Ipswich to Peterborough line is also affected.
You may also want to watch:
And other passengers are facing issues due to train faults today.
The 6.33am train from Norwich to Cambridge and the 8.19am from Cambridge to Norwich has been cancelled, along with the 6.52am from Norwich to Great Yarmouth and the 7.30am from Yarmouth to Norwich.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 9 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each
A train fault also means the 8am from Norwich to London Liverpool Street, and the 10.30am from Liverpool Street to Norwich have been cancelled.