More than 20 firefighters tackle blaze at commercial premises in Lenwade
- Credit: Archant
A full fire investigation is due to take place after a blaze at a commercial premises at Lenwade.
It is thought office workers were in the building , which is close to the former offices of DGT Structures, when the fire broke out, shortly before 4pm today, but were able to get out safely.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service took a number of calls about the fire and initially sent three fire engines before more appliances were dispatched by staff in the service's emergency control room.
More than 20 firefighters and crews from Earlham, Carrow, Sprowston, Dereham, the Aerial Ladder Platform (ALP) from Earlham and water carrier from Fakenham helped to bring the blaze under control.
Fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building to help tackle the fire which has caused extensive damage to about half the first floor of the building.
There is also smoke and water damage to the building.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 3 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 4 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 5 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 6 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 7 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 8 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 9 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 10 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
The cause of the fire is not yet known and it is expected an investigation will take place starting tomorrow.