More than £2,500 raised by daughter after her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer
- Credit: Carly Moss
A woman who took on a double challenge to raise money after her mother was diagnosed with cancer has smashed her fundraising target.
Carly Moss, from Horsham St Faith, tackled a daring skydive followed by having her head shaved in support of her mother Carolyn, who was diagnosed with cancer earlier this month.
At first, the fundraising target had been set at £1,000 to be donated to Breast Cancer now, but support was so fierce for Miss Moss and her mother, they beat that within seven days.
And after the goal was upped to £2,500 Miss Moss has now reached this too, raising just over this amount.
Miss Moss, who works at Bradley Hatch Jewellers in Wroxham took the jump on Sunday, at Beccles Air Field,
The 24-year-old, who lives with her mother and father, said: 'It went really well, we had lots of support there.'
'Me and my mum are very close,' she added.
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 5 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 6 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 7 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 8 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 9 Great Yarmouth's model village Banksy sold at auction
- 10 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
'My mum is my absolute rock and best friend, so this has hit me and my family as a massive shock. I wanted to do anything I could.'
But Miss Moss did say it felt weird having a number one cut, as opposed to her usual flowing brunette locks.
For more information, or to donate, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Carly-Moss2