More than £10,000 raised at charity dinner in Norwich
- Credit: EACH
More than £10,000 has been raised at a charity dinner to help fund a new children's hospice in Norfolk.
The dinner was hosted by BBC Look East and Radio Norfolk presenter Carol Bundock at the Assembly House in Norwich.
Gordon Barber Funeral Directors sponsored the event, which included a dinner provided by celebrity chef Richard Hughes and entertainment from Norfolk vocal ensemble The Upper Octave.
The total amount raised by the 100 guests was £10,475, which is being donated to East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) nook appeal.
The nook appeal looks to raise £10m to transform children's palliative care across the county, including a purpose-built hospice, the nook, in Framingham Earl just south of Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Gordon Barber said: 'It was a fantastic night and we are delighted to support such a great and vitally important local charity.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall