More than £10,000 raised at charity dinner in Norwich
- Credit: EACH
More than £10,000 has been raised at a charity dinner to help fund a new children's hospice in Norfolk.
The dinner was hosted by BBC Look East and Radio Norfolk presenter Carol Bundock at the Assembly House in Norwich.
Gordon Barber Funeral Directors sponsored the event, which included a dinner provided by celebrity chef Richard Hughes and entertainment from Norfolk vocal ensemble The Upper Octave.
The total amount raised by the 100 guests was £10,475, which is being donated to East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) nook appeal.
The nook appeal looks to raise £10m to transform children's palliative care across the county, including a purpose-built hospice, the nook, in Framingham Earl just south of Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Gordon Barber said: 'It was a fantastic night and we are delighted to support such a great and vitally important local charity.'
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working